Friday, April 15, 2011

Down to the Wire

SNAP!
Today was nuts.  I was up on campus to film a language fair for my work.  I spent hours yesterday blocking out where our three other videographers were going to be and when, as there were five sets of events happening simultaneously and things had to be prioritized to cover as much variety as possible.  Turns out, though, that there were actually only going to be two other guys besides myself--we were not able to secure a fourth.  So there were some last-minute changes that had to be made at 7:30 this morning.

Also, the schedule of events kind of fell apart--participants in performances were not on time or cancelled last minute, so the prioritizing principle went out the window.  But I figured it didn't matter.  What mattered was that my guys and I were where we planned to be, filming what whatever was happening then.  Whatever we missed, we missed and will just have to live without.

But kudos to my second and third guys--they were reliable and on top of everything, buzzing between locations for different events without a moment's hesitation.  I am proud of them.

In the end, everything seemed to work out all right.  It was an early morning--I went up at 6:55 am and left work at 1:30 pm after 5 hours of high-pressure performance, and a long afternoon--tax deadline.  I spent two hours on the 1040 "EZ."  I'm a moron.

I then spent about 40 minutes looking at Canon T2i prices.  I am really starting to lean towards buying one, but I am steeling myself for the expense.  $800 is a decent chunk of change and I want to make sure I'm not rushing the decision.

Tomorrow will be another early morning--7:30 call time for an ad shoot at a local shopping center.  I'm working grip/electric, so not too much to have to think about or plan for, but some good old-fashioned grunt work.

Sometime tomorrow I'll also work on a fellow student's class project so that I can get the credit for one of my production classes.  And edit my own final project.  And finish assembling the final binder presentation.  And author the DVD.  And write another essay on a documentary I shot this semester.  Yay.

Stay cool, everyone!

-Mont

No comments:

Post a Comment