Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crewing, Classes, and Canons

So...
It looks like I've got a spot on the film crew, though things are not finalized yet.  I will be super busy this summer, but I think it's a good thing because I hate sitting around when there's exciting stuff to be doing.

In one of my film classes today we watched the material that we will be writing our final exam on--a series of short films and songs.  There was one very interesting piece that I wanted to share: Erlking, by Ben Zelkowicz.  I found it to be quite compelling.  The animation is beautiful and the music is superb.  There were other shorts that we watched that I loved, but I'll share them one at a time so as not to overload you.

I will be filming two pick up scenes for one of my other class finals--final video to be posted online once we finish the class, so stay tuned--and will most likely be working on a commercial this weekend in addition to editing another final film for my "film bootcamp"-style class.

In other news, a Canon Rebel T2i may be in the near future--I am in desperate need of a camera to shoot films on and I have loved using my friend's Canon 7D, but it is out of my price range.  The T2i has gotten great reviews and is about $150 cheaper than the T3i, which was almost my first decision.  If I go through and buy it, I'll post short test footage.

Well, I've got a pick up football game tomorrow morning, so I'm gonna hit the sack.

Keep it real!  Happy end of the semester!

-Mont

No comments:

Post a Comment