Sunday, November 27, 2011

Two Months Later...

So, my friends, it's been a while.

That's an understatement.  In the interim, I've worked on several different film projects:

I have worked on the Locations and Electric teams for the BYU student capstone "Dante's Hamlet."  It was quite a challenge to find New York City in the predominantly suburban Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah area.  But it was done!

New York Subway station exit real vs. scouted (not necessarily chosen):
Real Station:


Scouted (underpass on BYU campus):

A little big, but it has the right look if you throw up some advertisements on the walls.

Here is an apartment building just outside of downtown Salt Lake City that I submitted as a potential spot.  It could fit in nicely in a Queens neighborhood:



I never got to go to the final locations that were selected (none of mine were) as I could only work the last day of shooting, but our classroom at Provo High School worked brilliantly.

Another project I worked on involved me doing the hair, makeup, and wardrobe.  It was my friend Josh Contor's Advanced Directing scene.  He adapted Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.  It was the scene where Anakin first begins to turn on Obi Wan.  It took a lot of work between Josh and me to finesse the scene and give it a very different look to accentuate the themes and archetypes of the scene.  We went through about a dozen different art design concepts, from Steampunk to revolution styles, finally settling on a fancy evening-at-the-theatre look.  Here are a couple of photos I snapped on set.

Cast: Anakin--Joshua Cooper, Padme--Noelle Houston, Obi Wan Kenobi--Mike Foncannon
 (left to right: Noelle Houston, Mike Foncannon, Josh Contor, Joshua Cooper)

(left to right: Noelle, Josh, Mike) 

(left to right: Josh, Joshua)

Tomorrow I will be involved in two more shows--I play Gerard Lambeau in another Advanced Directing scene from Good Will Hunting.  I will then be wardrobe, makeup, props for a third Advanced Directing scene, though I have not yet received the details of it yet.

And on Tuesday I did FX makeup and played a zombie killer for the soon-to-be-released latest video by Warialasky channel on youtube.  Check out some of their stuff here.  Especially Epic Tebowing.

I'll post again soon.  I promise.

Til then, my faithful readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment