Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ever-Present Obstacles

If life was easy, life would be too easy, right?

So, I had a great summer started--playing basketball, biking, frisbee--and then BAM!  Yesterday I was chasing down an airborne frisbee that caught a gust of wind, ran out of grass in my cleats, went sliding along the parking lot pavement ice skating-style and POP goes my shoulder--a dislocation.  The second it popped, I knew what had happened.  I had to wait for several minutes for my friends to come over and for one of them to gather the nerve to help me pop it back into place.  Needless to say, it still smarts something fierce.

But to my credit, I completed a day on a film shoot with minimal occupational accomodations.  I carried equipment, swapped lenses, and clapped slate for the day's filming--I think I proved my value as a worker and as someone determined to get the job done, regardless of the challenges, and such an illustration is, I feel, appropriate because I feel that I am that kind of a film crew member.  My career goals is to never give someone reason to believe otherwise.  I have my work cut out for me.

In other news, I have decided that "A Snickers a Day Keeps Betty White Away," and as I have been bequeathed a big bag of mini Snickers bars (is there really a size that can't be considered "fun size"?), I have been snacking on those here and there througoutt the day.  They are a great pick-me-up on a long afternoon.

In light of this, I offer you one of my favorite Snickers commercials ever!  It's not high-quality, but it's a classic.  Enjoy!

And remember, don't run in cleats on pavement!

- Mont

No comments:

Post a Comment